Warnings Of Bacitracin And Neosporin
- Bacitracin and Neosporin are for external use only.
- Ask your healthcare provider before using if you have an open wound, a deep or puncture wound, an animal bite, or a serious burn.
- If you do not see wound healing after one week, contact your healthcare provider.
- Do not use bacitracin or Neosporin if you are allergic to the ingredient.
- Do not use in the eye, or on large areas of the body.
- Stop using the medication and contact your healthcare provider if your condition gets worse or you develop a rash or any kind of reaction to the medication.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
What Are Some Things I Need To Know Or Do While I Take Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief . This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- If signs get worse or last for more than 7 days, talk with the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Talk with the doctor before giving Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
Globe First Aid Triple Antibiotic Ointment Plus Pain Relief
- Helps prevent infection and provides pain relief
- Bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B for infection protection
- Pramoxine hydrochloride for PAIN RELIEF!
Globe Triple Antibiotic Ointment with pain relief uses three active ingredients to provide antibiotic protection to minor skin injuries. The cream helps prevent infection and inflammation and acts as a pain reliever, reducing the discomfort associated with cuts, scrapes and burns.
Clean the affected area. Apply a small amount of this product on the area 1 to 3 times daily. May be covered with a sterile bandage.
Bacitracin Zinc 400 units, Neomycin Sulfate 3.5mg, Polymyxin B Sulfate 5,000 units, Pramoxine hydrochloride, Light mineral oil, Petrolatum
Read Also: Multi Antibiotic With Pain Relief Cream
Neosporin Original Triple Antibiotic Ointment 1 Oz
- March 1 2024 Best By
The length of time for “Best By” date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items generally have shorter “Best By” dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct “Best By” dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
- Date First Available: September 12 2018
- Shipping Weight:Switch to Imperial unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: NEO-73087
- 12.2 x 4.1 x 3 cm , 0.05 kgSwitch to Imperial units
- Bacitracin Zinc-Neomycin Sulfate-Polymyxin B Sulfate
- Neosporin® Original Ointment with Unique HeliDerm® Technology Provides a Nourishing Environment For Skin.
- Every Cut. Every Time.
- Use with Band-Aid Brand Bandages
Use: First Aid to help prevent infection in minor:
Active Ingredients And Allergies
Bacitracin and Neosporin are both available in ointment forms. Bacitracin is a brand-name drug that contains the active ingredient bacitracin only. Neosporin is the brand name of a combination drug with the active ingredients bacitracin, neomycin, and polymixin b. Other Neosporin products are available, but they contain different active ingredients.
One of the main differences between the two drugs is that some people are allergic to Neosporin but not to Bacitracin. For instance, neomycin, an ingredient in Neosporin, has a higher risk of causing allergic reactions than other ingredients in either drug. Still, Neosporin is safe and works well for most people, like Bacitracin.
Its especially important with over-the-counter products to read the ingredients. Many of these products may have the same or similar brand names but different active ingredients. If you have questions about the ingredients in an over-the-counter product, its better to ask your pharmacist than to guess.
Don’t Miss: Antibiotics For Abscess On Arm
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- condition persists or gets worse
- you need to use longer than 1 week
- symptoms persist for more than 1 week, or clear up and occur again within a few days
- a rash or other allergic reaction develops
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
When To Call A Doctor
If your wound doesnt heal after using either drug for seven days, stop using it and contact your doctor. Tell your doctor if your abrasion or burn gets worse or if it cleared up but returned within a few days. Also call your doctor if you:
- develop a rash or other allergic reaction, such as trouble breathing or swallowing
- have ringing in your ears or trouble hearing
Don’t Miss: Antibiotics Used To Treat Sibo
Side Effects Interactions And Warnings
Most people tolerate both Bacitracin and Neosporin well, but a small number of people will be allergic to either drug. An allergic reaction can cause a rash or itching. In rare cases, both drugs can cause a more serious allergic reaction. This can cause trouble breathing or swallowing.
Neosporin can cause redness and swelling at the wound site. If you notice this and arent sure if its an allergic reaction, stop using the product and call your doctor right away. If you think your symptoms are life-threatening, stop using the product and call 911. However, these products dont typically cause side effects.
|Mild side effects|
How Do I Store And/or Throw Out Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
You May Like: What Is The Most Common Antibiotic For Pneumonia
What Are Some Side Effects That I Need To Call My Doctor About Right Away
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash hives itching red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever wheezing tightness in the chest or throat trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking unusual hoarseness or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
Take The Missouri Poison Center With You
Emergencies dont wait for you, so you shouldnt have to wait to call for help. Get the Missouri Poison Center app with poison information and a link to the Poison Help Line. It is just a click away during the most stressful moments. Our registered nurses and pharmacists are here 24/7/365 days a year to help guide you through poison exposures and overdose emergencies.
Dont wait. Download now.
Also Check: Low Dose Antibiotics For Recurrent Uti
Prescription Alternatives To Bacitracin And Neosporin
There are also several topical antibiotics that are available by prescription. For example, Bactroban is available as both an ointment and a cream and can be used to treat impetigo and other bacterial skin infections. Mupirocin is generally applied 2 or 3 times per day. Altabax is a topical antibiotic used to treat impetigo. There are also topical prescription medications used to treat burn wounds. For example, Silvadene cream can be used to treat second or third degree burns. Sulfamylon can be used to treat burn wound infections. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice regarding various wound treatments.
How Is This Medicine Best Taken
Use Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes .
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Wash affected skin and pat dry.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- The treatment area may be covered with a dressing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Recommended Reading: Online Antibiotics Without A Prescription
Polysporin Plus Pain Relief Cream
Topical antibiotic with pain reliever to help soothe and help speed healing of minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- y_2022, m_9, d_14, h_20
- loc_en_CA, sid_1922, prod, sort_
Appropriate for all ages
Cleanse: Clean affected area thoroughly.
Treat: Apply POLYSPORIN® Plus Pain Relief Cream to the area 1 to 3 times daily.
Protect: Apply a sterile bandage, such as BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandage, if available.
Ask doctor or pharmacist before use if you have
- Deep or puncture wounds
When using the product avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse with water
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Irritation occurs
- Lasts longer than 7 days or recurs within a few days
- You experience weakness, confusion, headache, difficulty breathing, pale, grey or blue coloured skin.
Keep out of reach of children if swallowed, call a poison control centre or get medical help right away
Store between 15°C and 30°C.
- loc_en_CA, sid_1922, prod, sort_
What Are The Main Differences Between Bacitracin And Neosporin
Bacitracin is an antibiotic ointment available in generic form, and it can be found over-the-counter.
Neosporin is available in a variety of formulations. The most common form of Neosporin contains three antibiotics and is sometimes called triple antibiotic ointment. It contains bacitracin, polymyxin, and neomycin, and is available in various brand and generic ointments or creams. For example, Neosporin is also available as Neosporin + Pain Relief Ointment, and Neosporin + Pain Itch Scar Ointment, both of which contain the three antibiotics plus pramoxine, which is a topical anesthetic medication. There is also a Neosporin + Pain Relief Cream and a Neosporin Kids Plus Pain Cream, both of which contain bacitracin and polymyxin along with pramoxine . Neosporin Lip Health contains white petrolatum, or petroleum jelly, the ingredient found in Vaseline.
Don’t Miss: Getting A Uti After Antibiotics
Neosporin 24 Hour Infection Protection Pain Relief Ointment
- Neosporin + Pain Relief Dual Action Topical Antibiotic Ointment for first aid wound care
- Topical antibiotic ointment provides 24-hour infection protection of minor cuts, scrapes and burns
- This first aid ointment also helps soothe & reduce pain with No Sting, for maximum-strength relief
- Made with the infection-fighting antibiotic ingredients neomycin, bacitracin zinc, & polymyxin B
- No Sting formula contains the topical analgesic pramoxine hydrochloride for external pain relief
Signature Care Antibiotic Ointment Triple + Pain Relief First Aid Maximum Strength
Antibiotic Ointment, Triple, + Pain Relief, Maximum Strength
Other Information: Stores at 68-77 degrees F . Misc: Bacitracin zinc, neomycin sulfate polymyxin B sulfate, pramoxine HCl. First aid antibiotic. Pain relieving ointment. Compare to Neosporin + Pain Relief active ingredient . Infection protection. Quality guaranteed. Our Promise: Quality & satisfaction 100% guaranteed or your money back. www.betterlivingbrandsLLC.com.
Contains: Warnings: For external use only. Do not use: if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the eyes over large areas of the body. Ask a doctor before use if you have: deep or puncture wounds animal bites serious burns. Stop use and ask a doctor if: you need to use longer than 1 week condition persists or gets worse symptoms persist for more than 1 week, or clear up and occur again within a few days rash or other allergic reaction develops. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. .
Adults and Children 2 Years of Age or Older: Clean the affected area. Apply a small amount of this product on the area 1 to 3 times daily. May be covered with a sterile bandage. Children Under 2 Years of Age: Ask a doctor.
Don’t Miss: Can You Take Vitamin D With Antibiotics
Common Side Effects Of Bacitracin Vs Neosporin
Both medications tend to be very well tolerated. You may have mild skin irritation or contact dermatitis from either medication.
With either medication, seek emergency medical attention if you develop any signs of an allergic reaction, which include hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
A rare, but very serious side effect of the antibiotic neomycin, which is an ingredient in Neosporin, is hearing loss. However, it is very unlikely to occur with the topical medication. Notify your healthcare provider immediately if you notice any changes in hearing.
If the affected area that you are treating becomes very red, swollen, or is oozing, contact your healthcare provider.
What Do I Need To Tell My Doctor Before I Take Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief
- If you have an allergy to neomycin, polymyxin, pramoxine, or any other part of Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief .
- If you are allergic to Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief any part of Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have a very bad burn or cut.
- If you have an animal bite or a deep puncture wound.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief .
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
Coverage And Cost Comparison Of Bacitracin Vs Neosporin
Bacitracin and Neosporin are usually not covered by insurance or Medicare Part D, because they are OTC products. Occasionally, they may be covered by some plans.
You can purchase a 1-ounce tube of bacitracin for about $8 to 12. You can save money on bacitracin with a SingleCare card, but you will need your doctor to issue a prescription. Even though bacitracin is OTC, your pharmacist will have to process a prescription in order for a discount to apply.
You can purchase a 1-ounce tube of brand-name Neosporin for about $10. You can purchase generic Neosporin with a SingleCare coupon for less than $5 if prescribed by your doctor.
Sunmark Triple Antibiotic Ointment Plus Pain Reliever Maximum Strength By Sunmark
- List Price:
FREE 1-2 day shipping on orders $49+ Details
Orders arrive within 1-2 business days in discreet, unmarked packages.
FSA & HSA eligible Details
This item can be purchased with a Flexible Savings Account or Health Savings Account card at checkout.
Free 30-day returns Details
Well gladly accept unused, unopened products within 30 days of the sale date for a complete refund. Please contact us to place a return.
You May Like: Are Antibiotics Over The Counter In Canada
Are Bacitracin And Neosporin The Same
Bacitracin contains only one antibiotic, called bacitracin. Neosporin contains three antibioticsbacitracin, along with polymyxin and neomycin. So, Neosporin contains bacitracin, but also contains two other antibiotic ingredients, where bacitracin only contains one antibiotic. Both medications are used topically to prevent infection.
Why Is Neosporin Bad For Wounds
Neosporin is not bad for wounds, but may have gotten this reputation due to the ingredient neomycin, which some people are allergic to. However, anyone can potentially be allergic to any ingredient in Neosporin, including bacitracin, which is also the only ingredient in bacitracin. However, most people do tolerate either medication very well.
You May Like: Can I Take Uti Antibiotics While Pregnant